What happens if it rains?
- The show must go on! Many of our activities will be tented, but be sure to bring your rain boots and raincoat just in case! If there are signs of lightning, we will take a temporary pause and resume when the lightning clears.
Can I bring my pet?
- Yes! We love furry friends! Although we ask that all of our furry friends stay leashed, outdoors, and away from carnival games/activities. Pets are not allowed near our petting zoo area.
Will I need to pay for tickets for my children to play with the carnival games and activities?
- Nope, all of our activities and carnival games are completely free to the public.
Will you be giving out books for children?
- Of course! BookSpring is dedicated to getting families reading and succeeding together!
What will I have to pay for?
- The only thing you may spend money on is food from our wonderful food vendor, Top Taco, or raffle tickets for our raffle. We’ll be raffling off gift cards and a kindle so make sure you get yours! Also, Top Taco is giving a portion of their sales as a donation to BookSpring, so make sure you eat all the Tacos you can!
What does the money go towards?
- All the proceeds for the event go to supporting our literacy programs for children in Central Texas all year long!
Who will be there?
- So many special guests! Be sure to check out our Special Guests tab. We’ll also have a meet and greet table where you may be able to meet some of our special guests!
Is there anything there for adults?
- Yes! We hope you’ll enjoy some brews from our sponsors Austin Eastciders, Saint Arnolds, and Austin Beerworks while listening along to readings from special guests you may recognize! And don’t be afraid to let your inner child out while you enjoy some of our carnival games and activities.
What kind of activities will you have?
- All of our special guest will read a book aloud and some will even do performances! We’ll also have carnival games, a petting zoo (with a baby kangaroo), face painting, a balloon maker, and more!
Can I bring children’s books to donate?
- Yes! We’ll be collecting book donations at the BookSpring info tent!